Find Alaska state Alzheimer’s organizations, end of life resources, hospice and palliative care,
support groups, legal advocacy, and more.
2014 Alzheimer’s Facts: Alaska State
- Number of people with an Alzheimer’s diagnosis: 6,100
- Expected increase in diagnoses by 2025: 80.3%
- Number of Alzheimer’s Care Unit Beds: 37
Top Cities in Alaska offering Memory CareAnchorage
Monthly costs in neighboring states
Alzheimer’s Caregiver Resources
Alaskan resource for information, events and programs related to Alzheimer’s disease.
Alzheimer’s Legal Resources
Elderlaw is the practice area concerned with the unique legal problems of the elderly, including guardianship, conservatorship, and alternatives thereto; planning for social security, medicaid, and other benefits;nursing home and assisted living advocacy and litigation; elder abuse and fraud; and other issues of particular interest to the senior population.
Hospice and Palliative Care
Helping caregivers and individuals prepare and endure end of life situations.
Information about home health care and hospice in Alaska.
Providence Hospice is a Community-based program that provides comfort care at the end of life through intensive symptom management, and support of patient/family identified goals of care.
Area Agency on Aging
- Denakkanaaga – Fairbanks
- Chugachmiut – Anchorage
- Aleutian Pribilof Islands Association – Anchorage
- Central Council of Tlingit & Haida Indian Tribes of Alaska – Juneau
- Alaska Department of Health and Social Services – Juneau
- Ketchikan Indian Community – Ketchikan