Find Florida state Alzheimer’s organizations, end of life resources, hospice and palliative care, support groups, legal advocacy, and more.
2014 Alzheimer’s Facts: Florida State
- Number of people with an Alzheimer’s diagnosis: 480,000
- Expected increase in diagnoses by 2025: 50.0%
- Number of Alzheimer’s Care Unit Beds: 3,880
Top Cities in Florida offering Memory CareMiami | Tampa | Jacksonville | Palm Bay | Orlando | Hollywood | Sarasota | West Palm Beach | Palm Coast
All Cities in Florida offering Dementia Care
Monthly costs in neighboring states
Alzheimer’s Research Centers
Dedicated to the treatment, diagnosis and care of Alzheimer’s disease and other memory care issues.
Alzheimer’s Legal Resources
The primary focus of the Academy is education. The Academy sponsors continuing legal education programs on elder law for attorneys throughout the year, and provides publications and educational materials to its members on a wide range of elder law topics.
Hospice and Palliative Care
The mission of FHPCA is to assure excellence and access to hospice care, and advocate for the needs of those in the final phases of life.
Not-for-profit hospice serving 18 Florida counties since 1980.
Community Hospice of Northeast Florida is the first and only community-based, nonprofit hospice provider to serve residents of the First Coast.
Founded in 1977, Suncoast Hospice is a not-for-profit organization serving those with chronic and terminal illnesses.
Not-for-profit, faith based care for end of life situations.
Area Agency on Aging
- Council On Aging Of St Lucie Inc – Port Saint Lucie
- Area Agency on Aging of Pasco/Pinellas, Inc., a desginated Aging and Disability Resource Center – Saint Petersburg
- Elder Options – Gainesville
- Seminole Tribe of Florida -Department of Elders – Okeechobee
- Aging and Disability Resource Center of Broward – Sunrise
- West Central Florida Area Agency on Aging, Inc. – Tampa
- Area Agency on Aging of Palm Beach/Treasure Coast, Inc. – West Palm Beach
- Area Agency on Aging of Central Florida Senior Resource Alliance – Orlando
- ElderSource, Area Agency on Aging for Northeast Florida – Jacksonville
- Alliance For Aging, Inc. – Miami
- Area Agency on Aging for Southwest Florida – North Fort Myers
- Northwest Florida Area Agency on Aging – Pensacola
- Area Agency on Aging for North Florida, Inc. – Tallahassee
- FL Department of Elder Affairs – Tallahassee