Find West Virginia state Alzheimer’s organizations, end of life resources, hospice and palliative care, support groups, legal advocacy, and more.
2014 Alzheimer’s Facts: West Virginia State
- Number of people with an Alzheimer’s diagnosis: 36,000
- Expected increase in diagnoses by 2025: 22.2%
- Number of Alzheimer’s Care Unit Beds: 137
Top Cities in West Virginia offering Memory CareCharleston
Monthly costs in neighboring states
Hospice and Palliative Care
The Hospice Council of West Virginia is a 501 C(3) status corporation which exists solely to promote the hospice care concept in the state of West Virginia.
http://www.hospicecarewv.org/ Providing comfort and assistance to patients, their families and friends dealing with a terminal or life-limiting illness
Serving the needs of individuals suffering from life-limiting illnesses as well as to serve the individuals caring for them.
Supporting caregivers and the ones they care for who are suffering from terminal illnesses.
Nonprofit healthcare provider of end of life services.
Over 30 years of hospice care.
Hospice of Huntington is a non-profit agency that has been helping people with serious illness since 1982.
Area Agency on Aging
- West Virginia Bureau of Senior Services – Charleston
- West Virginia State College University-Metro Area Agency on Aging – Dunbar
- Upper Potomac Area Agency on Aging – Petersburg
- Appalachian Area Agency on Aging – Princeton
- Northwestern Area Agency on Aging – Wheeling